Serving Clients Nationwide.

Schedule A Consultation


Arizona Microbrewery, Farm Winery, & Craft Distillery Liquor License Attorney

Home /  Arizona Liquor Law Attorney /  Arizona Microbrewery, Farm Winery, & Craft Distillery Liquor License Attorney

Arizona Microbrewery, Farm Winery, & Craft Distillery Liquor License Lawyer

Phoenix’s vibrant culture and nightlife boasts many craft breweries and wineries. In fact, the state capital is now home to more than 30 breweries. If you run a Phoenix microbrewery or farm winery or plan to open one this year, having the services of a Phoenix microbrewery, farm winery, and craft distillery liquor license attorney can help you successfully navigate the complicated world of alcohol regulations, permits, and license applications.

A Phoenix microbrewery, farm winery, and craft distillery liquor license attorney Series 3 from Boesen & Snow Law can provide legal advice to any establishment that sells alcoholic products. Throughout our years of practicing law, we have helped many clients successfully open a winery or brewery.

Arizona Microbrewery, Farm Winery, & Craft Distillery Liquor License Attorney

Do I Need a Growler Permit?

If you have a growler permit, sales of beer may not exceed 10% of total liquor sales. Under state law, bars or retailers can sell draught beer to consumers via a growler. If your restaurant wants to be able to sell beer to-go in containers, you will have to apply for a growler permit.

What Are Restaurant/Compliance Audits?

Restaurants are limited in the percentage of profits they earn from the sale of alcohol. Above a certain percentage, they are classified as a bar. To ensure that restaurants maintain the 40-to-60 food-to-liquor ratio required by law, state inspectors will perform audits of Arizona restaurants that come with mandatory reporting requirements.

Once a government official arrives, the establishment is required by law to comply by providing inventory and sales records. If the restaurant passes the audit, no further steps are taken. Our lawyers can provide legal consultation on how to handle audits.

Know the Basics About To-Go Cocktails

Restaurants can now sell to-go cocktails if the restaurant has a Series 12 license. The laws were loosened during the pandemic to help those businesses sell products when occupation limits were cut. Any liquor store or establishment that sells to-go bottles of liquor must have an off-premises permit from the state. Breweries and wineries must have a special liquor license issued by the state.

Covert Underage Buyer (CUB) Complaints

The state may send a 19-year-old to test whether your establishment serves underage drinkers. This is known as the CUB program. To prevent your business from facing civil or criminal charges, you should consult with an attorney to ensure that all state-required ID laws are being enforced.

Title 4 Training Investigations

Title 4 refers to Arizona’s liquor laws. The state conducts investigations to ensure that all Title 4 laws are followed by any establishment that manufactures or sells alcohol. One way that you can ensure compliance is by properly training your employees on the laws.

Mail-in Consent Agreements/Hearings

Mail-in consent letters are sent by compliance officers who believe that a violation has occurred. The first letter lists the allegations against the licensee. The second letter, the consent letter, informs the licensee of the due date for fines and the accepted methods of payment. The letters give options for contacting the officer to discuss the allegations.

Schedule Your Brewery or Winery License Consultation

Opening a microbrewery or farm winery can be an enjoyable venture. With the right legal counsel, you can avoid setbacks that could come from not following stringent state laws governing alcohol manufacturing. To learn more, schedule your consultation with one of our attorneys at Boesen & Snow Law today.


Schedule a Free Consultation

Fields marked with an * are required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.