Mark Boesen is a founding partner. He is both a practicing pharmacist with over 25 years of service to his patients, and a licensed attorney. He founded Boesen & Snow LLP to combine his expertise and passion in healthcare operations and management, healthcare public policy and government affairs. Mark is driven in his practice of pharmacy and law to support healthcare businesses and professionals when they need it most to solve problems by offering creative solutions. Clients are offered the value proposition of having an advisor who is an attorney with large law firm experience and a pharmacist with contemporary practice experience.
Prior to founding the firm, he served as an attorney on Quarles and Brady’s Health Law Group, and the Vice President of Regulatory and Government Affairs for the Apothecary Shops Specialty Pharmacies (now Avella Specialty Pharmacy). Additionally, Mark served as CEO for a large national mail-order pharmacy.
Among the professional accomplishments Mark is most proud include serving as past President of the Arizona Pharmacy Association and receiving the Bowl of Hygeia award from the Arizona Pharmacy Association. Mark recently presented the first secondary appeal in this history of the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) regarding proposed changes to several chapters. He was successful in the postponement of the implementation of these chapters that would have resulted in negative impacts on compounding pharmacies and the patients they serve.
Firm partner, Allyson Snow says of Mark, “I have often said there are many talented Attorney’s that can research or recite the law. Attorneys who not only know the law, but truly understand the system and industry in which their clients operate, are special. That is Mark.”
Mark was born and raised in the Midwest. He is a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan. Mark knows a ridiculous amount of information about the rules of baseball and has served as a rules consultant for a number of private baseball organizations. He has shared his love of baseball with his twin teenage boys who have grown into talented players. There is nothing Mark enjoys more than watching his boys play baseball.
Areas of Practice
- Pharmacy & Health Professions Law
- Business Development Consulting
- Commercial/Contract Law
- Health Professional License Defense
- PBM Contract Dispute and Litigation
- Political Advocacy & Lobbying
- Arizona, 2013
- Phoenix School of Law, Phoenix, Arizona
- J.D. – 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Arizona
- Pharm.D. – 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 01/2010 to Present
- American Society of Pharmacy Law, 01/2010 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Quarles & Brady’s Health Law Group, Associate Attorney
- The Apothecary Shops Specialty Pharmacies, Vice President of Regulatory and Government Affairs
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Maine Association of Substance Abuse Programs
- American Health Quality Association
- Pharmacy Operations, Vice President
- Avella Specialty Pharmacies, Regulatory and Government Affairs, Vice President
Pro Bono Activities
- Arizona Hemophilia Association, 10/2013 to Present