Mark Ziegler is the Director of Pharmacy Services at Boesen and Snow LLP. He is practicing pharmacist with over 15 years combined experience working in retail pharmacies and at a major PBM. He joined Boesen & Snow LLP in October of 2019 after having a candid conversation with one of the founding partners, Mark Boesen, about the day-to-day struggles pharmacies face at the hands of the PBM industry. This conversation ultimately led to a discussion of how to leverage Mark Z’s experience in one of the major PBM’s Pharmacy Networks Department to provide guidance to the very pharmacies his audit team once tormented. Clients are offered the value proposition of having an advisor who is a pharmacist with contemporary practice experience and the incredibly rare experience and knowledge that comes from having led a Pharmacy Fraud Audit Team for a Major PBM.
Prior to joining the firm, he served as a Senior Manager Level Leader in the Pharmacy Networks Department of a Major PBM, leading the PBM’s Pharmacy Fraud Audit Team. There, he worked with the PBM’s legal counsel to craft arguments defending the findings of audits against contesting pharmacies, assisted in creating new provider manual language, and even went onsite to pharmacies that were under greater audit scrutiny. Additionally, Mark led the committee meetings involved in determining network pharmacy terminations due to audit findings and was a voting member on the PBM’s pharmacy credentialing committee.
Mark was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio and openly admits to being a devoted Browns fan. Hockey is his second favorite sport after football, and he has been a Penguins fan since his days in Pittsburgh attending pharmacy school. Mark also has a passion for volunteer work involving Peer Mentorship.
Areas of Expertise
- PBM Audit Defense
- PBM Network Credentialing
- PBM Compliant Pharmacy Operations Policies and Procedures
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- M.B.A – 2010
- Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pharm.D. – 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona Pharmacist’s Association, 01/2019 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Supermarket Chain, Super Floater reporting to three District Managers assisting in troubleshooting operations at locations throughout Northeast Ohio
- Retail Pharmacy, Pharmacist-in-Charge at a 24-Hour, Top 5 Prescription Volume Producer for a Major Chain with over 9,000 locations
- Senior Manager Level Team Leader, Pharmacy Fraud Audits at a Major PBM